[AccessD] Troubleshooting network issues

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:16:05 CDT 2007

i.e. starting just
>this morning, suddenly the main database be is getting corrupted, as in
>more
>than a dozen times today.

Were these 'dozen' corruptions fixed by the repair function...or restoring
the db?

Had a problem a couple of years ago... where db crashed...tried to do a
repair/compact...both failed...finally restored from backup...db ran for an
hour...then crashed again.

Turned out that the backup had a single record that was corrupt(memo field I
think), but didn't immediately impact the performance...it would run for
about an hour...then just crash(hard).

I used a combination of sorting and misc functions to locate the offending
record/field and loaded good records into new db.

Just thought I'd share.

Good Luck,

Mark A. Matte