[AccessD] Troubleshooting network issues

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Mar 20 16:19:12 CDT 2007

What version of Access is the MDB, I have yet to find a tool that tells
you who corrupted an A2K (or later) database.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of JWColby
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:12 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'; 'Discussion of
Hardware and Software issues'
Subject: [AccessD] Troubleshooting network issues

One of my clients is apparently having network issues, i.e. starting
just
this morning, suddenly the main database be is getting corrupted, as in
more
than a dozen times today.  The common wisdom is that corrupted BEs is a
network issue - NICS, cables, switches, routers etc.  Does anyone have
any
experience tracking down such a problem, any recommendations for tools
that
would watch for intermittent network connections, troubleshooting
suggestions for trying to isolate the offending piece of the puzzle?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting