[AccessD] Zipcodes within a radius

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Mar 23 16:56:47 CDT 2007

Hi Jim,
Yes, in this case it is smaller business. about 30 PCs and Macs with various
Unix/NT/W2K/W2k3 servers. And that is a good idea, using a server to do it
with but they do not actually own a server (and we've been trying...).

Most of the equipment the smaller printing/publishing services use now is
leased and come with their own hosting servers/workstations. We still manage
all of them for the client but other than security applications they can't
install anything else on these machines. So they are basically a peer to
peer shop with NAS. Believe me, its not the way I would have them do it.

I stopped into this afternoon to check on things and per chance the office
manager said to me "things sure are working good around here since you've
come." Although its true, I never thought I'd hear out load.

Nice to hear, now that we have their confidence maybe we can finally get
them to install something a little more manageable! This is an ideal shop
for SBS.