[AccessD] SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Mar 25 03:42:50 CDT 2007

Hi Arthur et al

Thanks.
If "wearing Access glasses" it looks like this one feature is the only important one. On the other hand it seems fair, as it clearly is aimed for single user PDA apps.

/gustav

>>> artful at rogers.com 24-03-2007 15:41 >>>
I'm with you on that, Stuart. When I first read about its (lack of) features, I was baffled. There actully is one small reason to use it, and it's not much of one: it's data-compatible with its big sister, so you can use DTS or SSIS to easily move data back and forth. Other than that, maybe it's so wannabe-geeks can claim they run SQL Server on their little toys.

A.