[AccessD] Way OT SQL Server/IIS permissions

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Mar 26 15:11:49 CDT 2007

Sort of, the way that IIS Security works with external resources may be the key.

When you hit a web page, the webserver looks at the security setting, and then uses the appropriate method to access the file that you are trying to hit.

If it's anonymous, then whatever account is setup at anonymous will be used to access the file (and if the file tries to access something else (like a network resource), it will use the same account credentials.

Same with the other two methods, HOWEVER, Integrated Windows security will NOT pass the credentials on to a network resource.  So, if you are trying to hit a SQL Server with Integrated security, it will have problems passing the security along.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Doug Murphy
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 1:56 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Way OT SQL Server/IIS permissions

The current connection string does not contain userid and password, so I
assume Anonymous.  Eric suggested I set the permision to SQL Server Security
and use the userID and password in the connection string.  Have yet to test
this. One question in this regard. I assume this is the password for a user
defined in the database and not the server login?

Doug