[AccessD] I can't Believe this

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Mar 28 11:59:55 CDT 2007

Boy have I heard that one before and seen it too!  Government IT
departments like applications they can control to a fare-thee-well and
are highly suspicious of anything a user can understand and might be
tempted to play with or (horrors!) ask questions about why it works that
way.  Never mind that the apps in question take many times as long to
build and have outrageous price tags--you get what you pay for, right?
Large corporations often fall into the same trap, throwing bad money
after good because they need "real" applications ... That IT can lock
down to prevent ... Etc., etc.

Charlotte Foust