[AccessD] VSTO and/or/vs Access 2007

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Mar 29 04:44:06 CDT 2007

<quote>
Microsoft Office Access 2007 adds a new capability, making managed add-ins
(that is, add-ins that run code created by using Microsoft Visual Studio
2005, written in either Microsoft Visual Basic or Microsoft Visual C#) both
possible and relatively easy to create. Now you can use professional tools
for creating managed applications, and incorporate the rich and powerful
functionality of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
In this article, we demonstrate creating a simple add-in by using the
Visual Studio Shared Add-in template. We provide code and instructions (in
Visual Basic and in C#) so you can try this in the language that you
prefer.
</quote>

On 29 Mar 2007 at 9:45, Martin Reid wrote:

> Sander
>
> You can consume .NET components within Access and call web services etc. I
> have seen this done but haven't actually done it. From the other side you
> can use access within .net applications much like calling another database
> from a .NET application.
>
> There are several web casts available on using Access 2003 and .NET
>
> http://www.officeusers.org/see/26427
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/accesscook2/
>
> But you may notice in all the tech stuff out there re Office and .NET Access
> gets little attention.
>
> Martin
>

> Martin WP Reid
> Training and Assessment Unit