[AccessD] VSTO and/or/vs Access 2007

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 29 18:40:52 CDT 2007

I don't think the final VSTO for 2007 has been released yet
but it is supposed to be free.

Interesting article from Ken Getz
Creating Managed Add-ins for Access 2007

I have managed to create a .tlb and dll file containing VB.Net code
to interact with Access or VB6.0 using the following 2 articles from
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788241.aspx

If you are only using VB.Net Express rather than a  full copy of VB Studio
you will have to snaffle a copy of the COM class
template to use when compiling your VB.Net Dll, explained below. It is a
small msi install to your VB.Net IDE or use the comclass.zip to install.

Using the .NET Framework Class Library from Visual Basic 6
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa719105(VS.71).aspx

Visual Basic Fusion: Best Practices to Use Visual Basic 6 and Visual
Basic .NET Together
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/vbbestprac.asp

Also see

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/04/RegFreeCOM/