[AccessD] No Print dialog box and new Acrobat

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Wed May 2 10:12:12 CDT 2007

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Gary Kjos
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 11:06 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] No Print dialog box and new Acrobat

Do the other users have the same default printer?  Is the default
printer a multifunction printer/copier/scanner/fax machine?   My
system and other users here where I work have this same issue if the
default printer is set to a multifunction device rather than a plain
printer. Try changing the default to a different printer and see if
that cures it.  You can still print to the multifunction printer, it
just can't be the default.

GK

On 5/2/07, John Skolits <askolits at ot.com> wrote:
> Anyone ever run into this.
>
> I have a customer who added a user.
> They get a 2501 error when running any report.
> After further testing, it turns out they can't print anything from Access.
> When they try to print from a table or query, nothing happens, no print
> Dialog Box. They do have a default printer.
>
> Yet, they 'can' print from Word or notepad.
>
> Here's the real interesting thing. This s a brand new user to their
network
> and this problem doesn't happen when other people use their Log-in on the
> same PC.
>
> The only other new thing is that this PC has Adobe 8 which automatically
> added the Adobe Acrobat printing feature to the Access menus. We are
> thinking this may be related to the problem.
>
> Ideas?
>
> John

Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com