[AccessD] [dba-VB] VB.Net - using an outside DLL

Eric Barro ebarro at verizon.net
Wed May 2 13:43:28 CDT 2007

John,

.NET binaries cannot be registered the same way as COM binaries.

In your VS.NET project right click on the References tree and then click Add
Reference. On the .NET tab click Browse and then locate
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL. This takes care of "registering" the .NET
binary and also copies ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL  to your project's BIN
folder. Click on the + sign beside References and you will notice that
VS.NET has added a reference to the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL. You can
then access the objects in that DLL on your projects.

Eric