[AccessD] OT - VISTA only and XP Phase out?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed May 2 14:33:23 CDT 2007

It is a little early to voice any concerns but the latest Vista does not
support a number of my priority one applications. Some Adobe graphic
software packages, DIVX player, Hamachi VPN, Symantec Virus scanner and even
my current version of FireFox, to name a few, all have issues with Vista.
The hardware requirements for space, memory and capability with build-in
sound, LAN and video cards could also become an issue.

This may all be a "Tempest in a Tea Pot" but only a new computer can support
the product and there are issues with various hardware and software packages
but if I was looking for a good conspiracy, it could be suggested that this
product will force a user to re-invest in a number of the latest software
programs and tighten MS's control over the desktop all in the pretext of
security. In my case it would cost a fair chunk to upgrade.

My 2 cents worth,
Jim