[AccessD] Linking to a Dbase File

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed May 2 15:55:48 CDT 2007

AFAIK, simply linking to a table will not cause corruptions.  May I suggest
however that you immediately create a QUERY that pulls the fields needed (or
the whole table for that matter) and then set the Recordset Type property of
the query to Snapshot.  A snapshot is a read-only recordset and going
through a query that is set to snapshot will absolutely prevent any write
backs to the data table, at least for anything using that query.

There are "corruptions" and then there are inadvertent writes which are, of
course also "corruptions".  A snapshot query will prevent the second type of
corruption.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting