[AccessD] OT - VISTA only and XP Phase out?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu May 3 03:11:02 CDT 2007

Hi John et al

Also, I must admit that the graphic design of the Vista GUI is so much better than the ugly Fisher-Price shell of XP. Since MacOS X, Windows has looked like a student's work in comparison. Now that has changed with Avalon, Windows Presentation Foundation, which is truly innovative, and the default layout meets the highest graphic standards; at last a pro machine will look pro too in use.

This is not to defend all the compatibility issues and the nasty DRM stuff (which should be removed right away).

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 02-05-2007 22:08 >>>

Vista is a definite step forward.  I too abhor the DRM crap they are forcing
on us, but other than that I think it is a significant step forward in most
other respects.  And yep, it will force us onto more powerful platforms.

That is just the price we pay to play the game.