[AccessD] FMS Inc. Sourcebook

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu May 3 13:04:58 CDT 2007

As you know very well, I didn't say you couldn't have libraries in
Access, I said they were different from libraries in .Net.  I think
you're just trying to keep an argument alive, since you seem to be
enjoying yourself enormously. ;-<

No, John, Code Librarian is a repository, not a library, so you *can't*
have a library in it.  You can store stuff there but you can't call it.
You *have* to copy and paste if you want to use the code, but there's no
reason you can't put that code into a defined library app and stamp it
with the Colby seal of approval.  I personally don't want to drag all
the good, bad and awful example code in my repository around in my apps
or libraries, but it's very useful to know what *doesn't* work as well
as what does, when I'm building something new.  This is what's know as
"development", and interesting concept but not much used by those who
already have everything built!!  <razz>

Charlotte Foust