[AccessD] Lookup and productiontables'alternativesymbolickeys...

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat May 12 09:53:56 CDT 2007

Shamil:

I have an app which chains five tables together - in a query as the basis of
a report. (The application is a production system for a metal cutting and
stamping operation).  Is this the kind of thing you're referring to?

A couple of these tables are clearly production tables by your definition,
but others fall into a gray area.  For example, one of them - tblFABs - is
fairly static but contains 41 fields including the autonumber primary key,
and contains information about how a job is processed and specification.
Where the user needs to select a FAB number I use a combo box with just the
autonumber (width zero) and the FAB number.  But I think this is pretty
standard programming technique.

Rocky