[AccessD] Constant for quote characters?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun May 13 06:19:49 CDT 2007

Hi Susan

You can create your own:

  Public Const shCharQuoteDbl As String * 1 = """"
  Public Const shCharQuoteSng As String * 1 = "'"

or if you prefer:

  Public Const vbDoubleQuoteChar As String * 1 = """"
  Public Const vbSingleQuoteChar As String * 1 = "'"

to be in line with vbNullChar.

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at setel.com 12-05-2007 19:37 >>>
Didn't Access add a constant for the single and double quotation characters?
I've checked the Constant classes, and I'm not finding it -- so either I'm
just overlooking it or I'm mistaken, and there is no constant.

I know I can use Chr(), but prefer a constant if there is one.

Susan H.