[AccessD] Printing to a directly generic text printer

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon May 14 10:05:31 CDT 2007

Hi Larry

We've used:

Dim PrtStr As String
PrtStr = "Printer Test Text llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"
Open "\\HPLaptop\HPOFFICEJET" For Output As #1
Print #1, PrtStr
Close #1

with an Axiohm printer.

/gustav

>>> lmrazek at lcm-res.com 14-05-2007 16:45:56 >>>
Hi:

Due to an incompatibility between a Windows Printer drive and a barcode
label printer's configuration, it looks like I'm going to have to have an
application print directly to the printer using ZPL II language. I've
figured out that I can install the label printer as a Generic Text Printer,
then send the data directly, I can successfully create a barcode. Since my
application will be sharing the barcode printer with another (much more
important) application, I need to make sure that my app plays nicely.

I'm using the following code (found some examples on the net) to test:

Dim PrtStr As String
PrtStr = "Printer Test Text llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"
Open "\\HPLaptop\HPOFFICEJET" For Random As #1
Put #1, , PrtStr
Close #1

(\\HPLaptop\HPOFFICEJET) is my local printer I'm using for testing.
Actual output printed is: 6Printer Test Text
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Has anyone else done this, or have any suggestions on how to make this
better?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.