[AccessD] Sending text direct to printer, take 2

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Tue May 15 17:07:12 CDT 2007

Hi Lambert:

It is actually the other way around, or I didn't write out the example
correctly:

This works (with UNC name):  Open "\\HPLaptop\HPOFFICEJET" For Output As #1,
Print #1, PrtStr Close

This doesn't (directly to IP address:  Open "10.0.2.22" For Output As #1,
Print #1, PrtStr Close  (no lights, sounds ... Nothing)

Curiously, if I map an LPT port to the printer, it works.

Do I need to specify the port for the TCP/IP comm? I've been trying to find
a reference for these commands, but haven't had any luck.

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com
lmrazek at lcm-res.com