[AccessD] DAO vs ADO

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Wed May 16 18:16:05 CDT 2007

...other than some rarely used data typing and access to the jet user roster
that MS stuck in Jet4 without updating DAO, I'd be interested in exactly
what ADO can do that can't be done with DAO when an mdb is the be
...actually, I can even do the data typing and roster access from DAO
without ever referencing the ADO libraries.

...much as it pains the ADO advocates, the simple fact is that MS tried to
deprecate DAO in favor of ADO and failed ...ADO is now a terminus object
model and DAO has been renamed and given new life as the focus of A2K7
...anything new ADO wise will be in ADO.Net, not ADO.

...can DAO.Net (or its evil twin) be far behind?

William Hindman