[AccessD] Word documents and MS Access

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sun May 20 16:16:41 CDT 2007

Nothing better to do on a long weekend, except read AccessD. Sigh

On 5/20/07, Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca> wrote:

> 1. Double-byte Character Sets; using them with Word documents and Access
> databases.

Nope

> 2. Reading data out Word documents into an Access database.

Yep. For the last 8 year or so.

Each year I send out a Word form (a true Word Form with Form Fields)
to my internal clients to get their training requests for the upcoming
year. One form per request. They e-mail it back to me and I import all
the data from the Form into an Access DB. This import serves as the
basis for my annual training plan.

Our National Learning & Development group uses the same form and
Access DB for the same purpose.

If you read the Article, Using Word as Remote Data Collection for
Access, I wrote for M2M, it should give you the basics.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"