[AccessD] OT: Virtual PC 2007

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon May 21 14:57:31 CDT 2007

Well, I haven't tried an expensive GPU intensive game on it yet, I will load
GTA San Andreas to see how it performs.  Up until now it's been a gaming
machine for my daughter's games, there is a 3D teletubies and 3D Thomas the
tank engine which both run Directx7.  Vmware 6 supports some though not all
of Window Vista's Aero GUI.  From what I read is that they will be
supporting the full aero gui with an update release.

On 5/21/07, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> When you say "as a gaming PC" what do you mean?  In MS' VPC, the video is
> an
> emulation of a 2D S3 graphics card, which simply will not run modern 3D
> games (specifically MorrowWind).  I understand that VMWare also does a
> software emulation, and the common consensus is that a software emulation
> of
> a 3D processor is too expensive to do (processor cycles).
>
> Are you playing modern games?
>
> BTW, early this morning I made a "capture" or whatever they call it of one
> of my 2003 servers, but I have not yet mounted and played with it.
>
> John W. Colby
> Colby Consulting
> www.ColbyConsulting.com

-Francisco