[AccessD] How to repair corrupt database

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Wed May 30 11:52:58 CDT 2007

...you say it ...but you don't really mean it ...none of us do ...not until
you automate the backup will it really, really get done ...been there, eh :)

=========I am trying to be more faithful about this. Word recently ate a
manuscript just as I'd completed it. I hadn't had time to save it to
removeable and <red checked> I hadn't bothered to do so before. Then, BAM!
The computer locked up and I had to push the <gasp> button.

Couldn't open the file in Word using either of it's repair options. It was
toast.

Used WordPad and got the text, but lost the footnotes, etc. It didn't take
long to rebuild the notes as WordPad displayed underscores in the text in
lieu of the note numbers and at the end of the file were all the notes'
text, in order.

Still, it was a pia and a reminder to be more deligent.

Susan H.