[AccessD] VBA abandoned in Office 2008 for Mac

Ken Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:59:15 CDT 2007

Eric, Steve, Marty,

(Steve)
 > ... I am certain that VBA will be alive and well in Access 14 ...
(Marty)
 > ... However Clint Covington doesn't mention dropping VBA for version
14 ...

Clint Covington was asked this point blank by a reader in this post:
Reader question about macros and VBA:
https://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington/archive/2007/04/21/reader-question-about-macros-and-vba.aspx
No answer was given.

This is not surprising, given this article:
Microsoft Not Discussing Windows 7, Office 14:
http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Not_Discussing_Windows_7_Office_14/1171589364

However, VSTA appears to be the .NET VBA replacement:
The future of VBA looks a lot like VSTA. Or does it?
http://blogs.officezealot.com/hansen/archive/2007/04/12/20245.aspx

It seems clear Visual Studio Tools for Office is the future in Office
development. Steve Hansen's Office Zealot blog is an excellent resource
for VSTO:
http://blogs.officezealot.com/hansen/default.aspx

For those wanting to migrate from VBA to VSTO, Office Zealot is a super
starting point:
http://blogs.officezealot.com/

Conclusion:
In all my searching, I haven't found one source that refutes my position
that VBA might go away in Office 14. But, I haven't found any sources
that support your position, either. So, here's where I will let it rest:
find one credible source that says VBA WILL BE NATIVELY supported in
Office 14/2009, and I will consider the argument closed.

-Ken