[AccessD] Odd property error

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 19:29:22 CST 2007

I'm using the following statement to retrieve the description properties for
query fields:

SetFieldDescription = fld.Properties("Description")

As long as there's a description, it works fine. An empty property returns
the error "property not found"

I've tried a Resume Next error statement, but VBA acts like it isn't even
there and still returns the error.

I've tried numerous ways to avoid or capture it, and nothing's worked.

As far as I know, Description isn't user-defined and I think VBA's just
returning one of its many, famous erroneous error messages that aren't so
terribly helpful. However, you'd think Resume Next would ignore it, but it
doesn't seem to.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

I haven't tried a real error handling routine because I'd hoped to avoid
doing so if there was an easier solution.

Susan H.