[AccessD] Office 2007 Ribbon Bars

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Nov 1 11:56:59 CDT 2007

Um ... Office/2006??

Charlotte Foust

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jim Dettman
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:15 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Office 2007 Ribbon Bars

John,

  Got this, but I haven't tried it:

For those of you who want to completely get rid of the ribbon--here are
the
steps:

1. Create a new table called USysRibbons.
2. Add two fields RibbonName (text) and RibbonXML (Memo).
3. Create a new record with the name "Blank" (doesn't really matter what
you call it). Also add the following XML:
<CustomUI
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/CustomUI"><Ribbon
startFromScratch="true"/></CustomUI>
4. Restart your database.
5. Go into the Office Button | Access Options. Click on the Current
Database.
6. In the Toolbars Option set the Custom Ribbon Id to Blank (name in
step 3).
7. Restart the database.

HTH,
Jim.