[AccessD] Automate internet speed test

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Nov 4 23:28:09 CST 2007

On 4 Nov 2007 at 22:43, jwcolby wrote:

> Is it possible to do what I want to do, to have a program that I write open
> a web site and "click on" a specific location on the screen, or by some
> other means to accomplish what I do with the mouse right now?

AutoIt was original written to do just this sort of thing.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

<quote>
AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general
scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in
order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys).
AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying
"runtimes" required!

AutoIt was initially designed for PC "roll out" situations to reliably automate and configure thousands of PCs. Over
time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops and everything
else that veteran scripters would expect
</quote>