[AccessD] JIT Forms

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Nov 9 10:10:25 CST 2007

Charlotte,

I don't understand what you are saying here.  What problem are you solving?

Binding the subforms before they are actually viewed causes the form to slow
down as it loads all of the subforms and their respective controls, even
though the user may in fact never visit the subforms (that tab).

So leave the subform controls with no source object (form name) until the
tab is clicked on (JIT subforms).
Now in the query for the main form just specify a filter for the PKID of the
parent object, claimID if the form displays claims,  CustomerID if the form
displays customers etc.

By feeding the query one specific PKID it will pull only that one record for
the main form.  The subforms on the tabs do not load until the tab is
clicked.  That is about as fast as you are going to get to actually load the
form and its data.

So what are you saying?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting