[AccessD] OT: A great night observing

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Nov 10 18:15:16 CST 2007

I ended up buying a used 8" DOB Orion Intelliscope with digital setting
circles and a "push to" computer.  The computer will allow you to enter a
target object and push the scope manually.  The computer will count down to
zero as you get closer and closer.  When the computer reads 0,0 then you are
looking at the object.  I have yet to figure that out but I have used the
scope manually (without the computer).

8" is nice, and it is easily luggable.  I would like to get a 10" or 12"
some day but it will be awhile, and I want to use what I have to get to know
the skies before I go looking at a bigger scope.  If I can Figure out the
computer then it will help me actually find some of the many available.  I
think I found Andromeda the other night.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting