[AccessD] Conditional Formatting - Current Record

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Nov 12 09:53:10 CST 2007

Dan:

It doesn't work because the field never gets the focus.  I did this on
another app and the way I did it was to put a text box on the detail
section, move to back and change the color of the text box when the record
got the focus. There's no conditional formatting of the detail section.

I was able to do this in an expression by comparing the Autonumber ID of the
current record with an invisible text box in the header section.  But it was
a simple bound form with no subforms.

That won't work in this case - the subform data is coming from another
table.

There must be some trick to telling the conditional formatting to operate on
the current record only.

Thanks and regards,

Rocky