[AccessD] An Excel 2007 Observation

Michael R Mattys mmattys at rochester.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 09:11:50 CST 2007

Hi John,

In your tests, try using the Common Dialog or OpenFileName API
to open any version prior to Access 2007. Then use Start ... Run.
That should be an interesting excursion.

The explanation I've read for this is that the ProgID is unchanged
between versions and therefore resolves to 2007.

Michael R. Mattys
MapPoint & Access Dev
www.mattysconsulting.com