[AccessD] Off-Site Backup

max.wanadoo at gmail.com max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:10:32 CST 2007

Hi William:

Here is such an article which bears out your client's concerns:

SECURITY? STICK IT!
A recent survey by Tower Software has revealed that 49% of employees store
work-related files in multiple locations - posing serious security threats
and exposure as well as compliance and information management issues.
To read the full story follow the link below...
<http://nfptechno.netxtra.net/3805.article?ref=538&cmr=1234180>

I have the FE secured with user logins, etc.  The BE is password protected.
Both ends (now) contained within encrypted files.  Backups now contain
encrypted files.  Totally secure from "outsiders".

BUT! - once you are in the system, a (valid) user can still "do things"
unless he/she is totally restricted by the various methods outlined in
postings to this site. Ie. Menu systems, exporting options, printing data
options, etc.

At some stage there has to be employee trust.  Ie, unless I am trusted
(being the developer) then nothing else works.

Max