[AccessD] Virtual Server (was: A2K7 Navigation Pane)

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Nov 23 10:16:08 CST 2007

Gustav,

  Thanks for posting that.

<<On the Display tab, you can configure autofit and full-screen preferences.

  Maybe I did, but I don't have anything like this when connecting to the
virtual server console with net meeting.

  I didn't set this virtual server up and was told by the company that did
that it was a limitation of the video driver.  When I checked into this, I
found numerous articles that supported this, so I didn't bother to check
into it further.

  What happens is that when connecting with Net Meeting, even though a
different resolution is selected on the desktop, it still draws it as 640 x
480 in the Net Meeting window. The window itself however is correctly sized
for the given resolution.   If I remote Desktop in, I have no problem in
getting any resolution I want.  Also changing the resolution while Net
Meeting is active causes all the text to disappear on the screen.  The only
way to get it back is to quit and reconnect.

  It may be a combination of the driver and Net Meeting itself, but since I
will only be dealing with this server for another month or two, I didn't
want to spend a lot of time on it.

  I suppose though that at some point I'll need to start playing around with
Vmware myself.  I've got Microsoft's virtual PC as well.

Jim.