[AccessD] Access Data Project (ADP) and Access Runtime

Darren D darren at activebilling.com.au
Wed Oct 17 22:02:17 CDT 2007

Hi All

I am trying to drop an ADP file (That connects to SQL dB's) onto a machine that
does not have full blown Access (Any flavour)

Just the run time version of Access 2003 (I think it's 2003 - Anyway.)

When I load my ADP the startup functions fail - that's OK - I can get around
them but the ADP tells me the last SQL dB it connected to cannot be found

I thought this is no big deal I will simply use my built in routine to specify
another SQL dB

When I click on the button I created that does this - I get an error that the
App has cause an error and needs to be closed

That's not good - So I try to open it holding down the shift key so I can get at
the 'Connection' item in the 'File' Drop down menu

 This doesn't work either as it seems the dB startup doesn't recognise (or
ignores) the old shift/open trick

So - Does anyone know what my options are to get this thing to connect to
another dB either by menu item of by the click of my button?

Many thanks in advance

DD