[AccessD] consulting fees

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Wed Oct 3 14:36:24 CDT 2007

Consulting fees are usually higher than development because of the expertise required.  We use consultants for short term projects or when we need a specific skill set for a brief period.  Depending on the contract, if a person is an employee we usually double their hourly "rate" and sometimes add "profit" to the number.  The rate is the annual salary divided by 2080 hours.

We have used consultants with an hourly rate of $200 and more and felt we got a bargain!  Project Managers and QC and SMEs are usually paid more than the developer.

We charge between $65 and $125 per hour for technical/developers depending on the expertise of the person and the complexity of the contract.

Jim
jhewson at karta.com