[AccessD] Combo box default value

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:23:46 CDT 2007

You could count the actual entries in the table (not in the lookup table)
and select top 1 descending: Here's an example drawn from one of my apps.

SELECT TOP 1 LightCurtainData_tbl.CompanyID, Count([CompanyID]) AS
Occurrences
FROM LightCurtainData_tbl
GROUP BY CompanyID
Order By Count([CompanyID]) DESC

Edit to suit, save as a named query. Use Dlookup() to obtain the value. Make
the default value of the combo "=Dlookup("[CompanyID]",
"LightCurtainData_tbl") in this case. Substitute your own values for the
table and columns and you're away to the races. I just whipped up a sample
form to test it and it works as advertised.

hth,
Arthur