[AccessD] Calculating End of Month on a 4-4-5 Schedule

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Oct 9 11:59:24 CDT 2007

Hi Mark

Thanks, that explains why I can't get hold on it. Computers are bad for systems with no strict rules.

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 09-10-2007 18:41 >>>

About 4 years ago I tried to write a function to determine a 4-4-5 calendar.  What I ran into is the business continuously had to adjust the calendar here and there to account for each year...even though they claimed, "Its easy...4-4-5,,,see>?"...then when I showed them the following year's dates...."Oh?>?>?...we just change that week...that doesn't count."

Being that this type of accounting is constantly evolving...I vote for a table that lists every date for the next 5 years...and just tell it what fiscal month/week/year it belongs to.