[AccessD] ADProject: Getting Database Name

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 12 05:27:48 CDT 2007

Hi Darren

Would it be something like this:

strConnect = "DATABASE=something;SERVER=192.168.1.100;PASSWORD=;PORT=3306;OPTION=3;STMT=;"
strKey = "SERVER="
strSearch = Mid(strConnect, InStr(1, strConnect, strKey, vbTextCompare) + Len(strKey))
strServer = Mid(strSearch, 1, InStr(1, strSearch, ";") - 1)

/gustav

>>> darren at activebilling.com.au 12-10-2007 08:06 >>>
Hi All

Cross posted to AccessD and dba_SQL Server

I want to get the Server name (Data Source) from code - I can get the dB name

Now I want just the server name as well - Not all the other stuff that comes
with the .Connection property

Can anyone assist?

Many thanks in advance

Darren