[AccessD] Action Pack, now with special edition toolkit for Web Solution Providers

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Oct 13 03:13:17 CDT 2007

Yes, that would be very useful to talk about C# in DBA-CS (?).

IMO C# is great not only as very laconic and powerful programming language
etc.etc. but also because it's so easy to post and copy and paste and run
code samples written on C# and posted in e-mail messages where they can get
"screwed"/wrapped out because of message's text line length limitations etc.

Here is a simple sample to demonstrate this C# feature-by-design:

Save the following two lines into hw.cs:

using System;class hw {static void Main(){Console.WriteLine("\nHello,
World!\n");}}

Save the following seven lines into csc.bat

@echo off
echo Compiling hw.cs...
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe hw.cs /nologo
echo Running hw.exe...
hw.exe
pause
del hw.exe

In the case you have .NET Framework installed in
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 you'll get the following
results while running csc.bat:

Compiling hw.cs...
Running hw.exe...

Hello, World!

Press any key to continue . . .

Of course you can generalize this idea to have parameterized batch files as
well as csc.exe and/or vbc.exe response files as well as msbuild.exe project
files as well as ... - then you can get very advanced samples compiled and
built from source files without VS and "automagically" tested if samples
will be supplied with (unit) tests for tools like NUnit...

And with some more efforts you can get agile software factory continually
integrating (CruseControl.NET) and (re-)deploying in hot mode your
customers' applications automagically built from code snippets borrowed from
all corners of Internet...

A kind of kidding about the latter of course but...

And a funny story in the end:

"I've got so angry today: when I've got back home I have found a diskette
sticked by a magnet to the fridge's door with a note: 'Darling, here is the
diskette with important documents you've been desperately looking for all
the yesterday evening...' "

I must note that's not a story about my wife - I do not use diskettes for a
long time now :)

BTW, we have a XXVI's Wedding Anniversary today...

Have nice weekend. :)

--
Shamil

P.S.