[AccessD] Goodbye XP?

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sat Oct 13 12:31:54 CDT 2007

...if they don't really "fix" Vista, they'll have no choice but to extend it
again ...I'm still specing XP for all client systems ...I've installed Vista
twice now on test systems and wound up removing it both times ...with 2MB of
ram XP still runs circles around Vista imnshe ...past 4MB it levels out
...but for what advantage vs the costs? ...and Access has problems with
Vista that don't show in XP ...MS has blown this intro big time.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22windows+xp%22%2C+%22windows+vista%22&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

...and while Vista sales have bogged down, the latest Mac OS is taking a
substantially greater portion of the new systems market ...and with Mac OS
portability to the X86 environment MS may have cut its own throat in
releasing Vista before it was ready.

...AND the beta of XP SP3 apparently includes several core Vista features
...plus you must believe MS isn't putting an XP SP into beta now if it
really means to cut XP off in a few months time, eh.

William