[AccessD] Lotus Notes

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Oct 23 12:20:26 CDT 2007

Andy,
I have had a system in place that does this for about 7 years now. This was
originally set up when GroupWise was the corp. mail system. They are now
converting to MS Exchange/Outlook. I also have it working with Lotus Notes
on another site. I went around the corp. mail system as Gustav suggests. I
didn't use the same software but that is somewhat irrelevant to my comments.

One item of concern I'd like to point out if using a separate system to
process email is the network/email/gateway security systems in place.
Occasionally my system quits working properly. The reason always has been
that the IT staff has changed their gateway security settings and not my
system's configuration settings. This is usually a port number change and
takes all of 2 minutes so it's never been a big issue.

Best of luck,
John B