[AccessD] On-Line Help

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Oct 29 12:23:33 CDT 2007

Hi Rocky,

Well - I've been trying to use .chm files, and am having bad luck.
Apparently, MS has found a possibility (remote) that a .chm file could have
malicious code in it.  So now to open a .chm file on a company's network
using a hyperlink or using ShellExecute requires that they 'relax' their
security setting a bit.  I haven't been able to find the exact details.  A
.chm file can still be opened directly.

By coincidence, I was going to begin writing a help file today.  But what
I'm going to do is to just create a small web site that can be opened by my
application.  This can contain text, screenshots, links to other files, and
links to short videos I make to show some intricate aspect of the user
interface.  I hope this works!

Good Luck,
Dan