[AccessD] Transactions

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:45:12 CDT 2007

I've developed this software and I totally agree with the accountant's
analysis, which reduces to: recorded transactions are history and cannot be
edited. All you are allowed to do is add an adjustment that refers to some
previous transaction and supplies a positive or negative number as the
adjustment.

My question is this: given a continuous form or datasheet presentation of
the data, how do I prevent editing of the existing rows while also allowing
new rows to be added? Is this as simple as the Allow Edits / Allow Deletes /
Allow Inserts properties on the property sheet? I've never experimented with
these, but suddenly I need to know. I need to prevent editing of any
existing transaction but allow addition of new transactions. Is this as
simple as those aforementioned flags on the properties sheet?

A.