[AccessD] Exporting an OLE Object

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Fri Sep 7 07:52:38 CDT 2007

I have an Excel workbook with some complicated code; I need to export data
to the workbook and run the code. I know how to do that, but this database
will be used by several people, and I'd prefer not to have to require them
to use an Excel template. I have imported a workbook (blank except for a
module containing the needed code) as an OLE object in its own table in my
database. I want to export (or open-and-save-as) the workbook, add the
appropriate data from Access, and then run the code (in whatever order is
best).

How do you export an Excel workbook as an OLE object via VBA? Of course,
if you have better ideas...

TIA.

Thomas F. Ewald
Stryker Mass Properties
General Dynamics Land Systems

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.