[AccessD] Transactions

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Wed Sep 5 23:36:31 CDT 2007

Arthur,

A possibly more sophisticated approach could be achieved by having the
records displayed on a form which is totally disabled, and with the
Allow Additions property set to No.  And then, new records can be added
either via
a) a separate popup single view form that does not allow access to
existing records, or...
b) via unbound controls in the form header, and submitted to the
transactions table via an Append Query

You might also consider this, which is what I have done in one of my
applications recently... Use a separate form or subform for the
"adjustment" records, in which case you can display additional fields
for a reference to the original transaction that is being adjusted, and
a note field for an explanation for the adjustment.

Regards
Steve