[AccessD] Transactions

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Sep 6 10:05:05 CDT 2007

Why not do it at the table level?  Denying Update and Delete, allowing
Insert.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:45 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Transactions

I've developed this software and I totally agree with the accountant's
analysis, which reduces to: recorded transactions are history and cannot
be
edited. All you are allowed to do is add an adjustment that refers to
some
previous transaction and supplies a positive or negative number as the
adjustment.

My question is this: given a continuous form or datasheet presentation
of
the data, how do I prevent editing of the existing rows while also
allowing
new rows to be added? Is this as simple as the Allow Edits / Allow
Deletes /
Allow Inserts properties on the property sheet? I've never experimented
with
these, but suddenly I need to know. I need to prevent editing of any
existing transaction but allow addition of new transactions. Is this as
simple as those aforementioned flags on the properties sheet?

A.