[AccessD] Database Patent

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Sep 7 01:28:06 CDT 2007

Hello Rocky,

Yes, I suppose there are no unique ideas/principles in this patent. I
suppose that but I'm not stating that. The authors of this patent might
investigate many of the open sources to find out did they patented something
unique or not. I'd expect they will find they are a kind of "reinvented the
wheel". That happens of course.

<<<
am I correct in assuming that the real-time
changes that are going on in the production database
are also happening in
the "shadow" database?  That it's a mirror?

Yes, the data changes can be "mirrored" by using replication, which can be
setup by using advanced built-in replication subsystems of the modern DBMSs.

Of course when the new version of the database is getting a lot of changes
of its data model then only a small representative subset of the live data
is used. And only when the new version is in final beta/release candidate
then the final massive replication is done and then the new system is
becoming a "hot mirror" ready for the switch...

All in all - there is "no free cheese in this world" - and trying to get
invented and developed "the most flexible database structures" will result
in pure overall performance or huge investments and never (?) pay back the
investors/sponsors - that would be more like fundamental research that a
practical solution...

All and every position of the subject patent text can be argued with real
references of similar ideas/inventions/real life implementations - the
authors of this patent might try to prove the opposite...

As a conclusion: I'm not trying to "kill" this patent - you asked about its
novelty - and my message is just a warning that this patent is not looking
like a novelty and that trying to implement this patent in real life
applications could be far less effective than the authors of this patent
expect - in fact immediate and even long term economical effect could be
negative - bankruptcy...

I'd love if I'm not correct with all I have written above...

--
Shamil