[AccessD] Transactions

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:55:53 CDT 2007

Arthur,

I recently wrote and ecryption/decryption module for credit card numbers.  I
can't give specifics on how I did it...but I can share that the 'reviewing
authority'...some group hired to say "Yes, this is suffucient
encryption...or NO its not"...did like the fact that the CC# was never
stored in any DB unencrypted.  The app reads the CC from an unbound field,
encrypts it...and stores the encrypted value (also the last four for
reference purposes).  When they need to view the CC#, it is decrypted and
displayed in an unbound field.  The 2nd thing liked was that the code to do
this was not in the DB...it was saved as a library and referenced...

I basically converted the CC# into a 10 digit Alpha-numeric string using an
'algorithm'

Hope its helpful.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte