[AccessD] Access to VB.Net

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Mon Sep 10 16:27:49 CDT 2007

I have been with Access since 1.0.

If you are really interested in getting into .Net,
I would suggest you try Codesmith Tools with the
.netTiers template for it. Using the cheapest
version of Codesmith, you can create and extremely
robust data layer for your .Net applications. And
it takes less than 5 minutes to regenerate it when
you change the database. Once you get accustomed to
using it, it will seem very "Access" like in the
resulting classes, methods, and properties.

If you go into VB.net, then the learning curve is
not very bad. C# is a bit steeper. I am doing both.

Web forms is another world. WinForms (Smart Client)
will look pretty familiar. Learning curve is much
steeper on the Web Forms.

Robert