[AccessD] Favor

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:27:41 CDT 2007

You don't have a New Objects button on the Database toolbar? Not in the
Database window -- but with the DW current -- choose a wizard from the New
Objects button -- wow, I am bad at winging it! ;(

Susan H.

You have entirely different Wizards than I do evidently. Or I am completely
clueless. Which is entirely possible.

I'm at the database window. In an open database. It's Access 2000 format
database though as are all my databases.

I have a list of object types on the extreem left of the window listing
Tables, queries, Forms, Reports, Pages, Macros and Modules.
Under that is a Groups section.

If I select the Reports Object type I have buttons on the top of that for
Preview, Design and New

Selecting New gets me into the dialog asking if I want to go to Design View
or use the report Wizard, the Chart Wizard, the Label Wizard or the
AutoReport in Columnar or Tabular formats.

Selecting the Label Wizard and choosing a table to use for that I say OK. It
asks me to choose a type of label paper. I choose the first one on the list.

It asks me about fonts. I take the default one

It wants some data in the label so I choose the one field in my table.
Likewise to sort by.
It then wants a name for the report so I give it rptSusansLabelTest and
click Finish.

And it runs my labels.

OK, where are these _ Objects you want me to tell you about?

I'm really not trying to be dense but I guess I am.

GK

On 9/20/07, Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry Gary -- the underscore is in the message -- see below -- I
> need the correct names of those objects/commands. :) See the following
> statement
> -- see the underscore before Report, New Object, and Label Report? I
> guess I wasn't very specific in what I was asking -- I apologize.
>
> To launch the label report wizard, choose _Report from the _New Object
> button's dropdown list and choose _Label Report from the resulting
> dialog box.
>
> Susan H.
>
> You've lost me. I have 2003 and created a label report but saw nothing
> anywhere with a preceeding underscore character. Where should I be
> looking for this again?
>

> > To launch the label report wizard, choose _Report from the _New
> > Object button's dropdown list and choose _Label Report from the
> > resulting dialog box.
> >
> > I'd appreciate it. I should know them by heart, but I find, I don't.
> > :(
> >
> > Susan H.
> >

> --
> Gary Kjos