[AccessD] Friday fun: Lambda Expressions

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Sep 26 14:04:06 CDT 2007

Hi Max

Quite right - no reason to complicate things. However - for everyone else who might find the time to at least browse the links from Shamil - don't judge the complete concept on the example from Ken Getz; it seems a bit artificial. The series on Functional Programming is much more informative.

/gustav

>>> max.wanadoo at gmail.com 26-09-2007 20:51 >>>
Hi Shamil,
I have to say that I do agree with Gustav.
It just (to me) appears to be a more complicated way to achieve the same
effect (albeit with less code, but with a full dose of obfuscation).
I say this not to generate any flames, but merely to state that this (to me)
falls into the same area as APIs.  I use them, but don't really understand
them, so I will not be moving to use these any time soon.  The example that
Getz posts on his blog just left me saying "so what".

Of course, it is "horses for courses".  What suits one doesn't necessarily
suit another and may be great for others.

Thanks
Max